Photo by ruralgold
One of my new favorite blogs is Sorta Crunchy . I love to read what Megan has to say about faith, family, parenting and natural living.
Recently, she posted about what she is into this month, and encouraged others to write similar posts. So, I’m am inspired by her blog and her post to share with you where I am finding my inspiration this month.
What I’m Reading
- The Bible – not to sound cliche, but I started a Bible study this fall called BSF (Bible Study Fellowship) and it has been absolutely amazing! If you are looking for a way to dive in and study the Bible, and be held accountable to it, then you should definitely look into BSF. They have amazing children’s programs too. You can check to see if there is a BSF class in your area.
- Radical by David Platt – I have already read this, but our home group is diving into a small group study on this book and I’m so excited to read through it again and to discuss with our group what it means for our lives, and our church, to radically follow after Jesus.
- The Hole in Our Gospel by Richard Stearns – I’m reading this as a follow up to Radical and wow! It is heart-wrenching – the stories, the statistics. It is a little bit longer, and taking me a little while to get through it, but I can’t put it down, even if I just read a page or two here and there.
- Go Green, Save Green by Nancy Sleeth – I’ve been slowly reading through this book for a while now. It is full of great, practical advice and tips for ways that you can go green in all different aspects of your life. I have gotten lots of ideas and inspiration for changes I want to make in our family. And obviously, the title speaks to me! 🙂
What I Want to Read
My list of books to read is always way too long for the amount of time I actually have to read, but here are the books that are at the top of my list right now.
What I’m Listening To
You know, we listen to a lot of kid’s music around here – Disney songs, and Old MacDonald, and Seeds Family Worship, and even lately my daughter has been obsessed with the songs from The Sound of Music.
When I get a chance to listen to grown up music, I am loving the worship from the latest Passion – Awakening, and my David Crowder Band channel on Pandora is one of my favs.
In My Kitchen
For some reason I’ve been making lots of muffins recently. Banana Muffins and Zucchini Muffins, Pumpkin Muffins (so good for fall!) and Banana Flax Muffins from Healthy Snacks to Go, and I’ve been experimenting with some of my recipes to see if I can make them a little bit healthier. It’s been fun, and yummy, and I’m hoping to share some of my experiences and a few recipes with you soon!
I haven’t had a ton of time to read blogs lately. Life has been busy, and so full, but here are a few posts that have inspired me this month:
- Simple Organic: 5 Simple Home Remedies that Really Work – This post from Stephanie at Keeper of the Home is great for those who are just getting started in the area of natural healing and remedies – like me! Keeper of the Home is featuring all sorts of great, natural remedies this month, and I have a post coming up on a different kind of prevention – around the house – so stay tuned for that!
- Simple Bites: How to Select, Prepare and Cook Winter Squash – I am excited to try more squash this winter season, and this post inspires me to try different kinds. We have spaghetti squash on the meal plan this week – we’ll see how it goes!
What is inspiring you this month? What are you reading or want to read? I always love to add books to my never ending list of books to read!