My daughter playing in the first real snowfall of the winter!
Whew! It’s the end of the first week of the new year! I always feel like the start of a new year is exciting and exhausting at the same time – so full of possibilities, but also trying to put some goals/resolutions/habits into place, and also just trying to get back into a normal routine after the holidays.
There has been so much good stuff to read on blogs this week about setting and sicking with goals or resolutions that you’ve made this year. I’ll be honest that I haven’t actually set my goals for this year yet. I don’t really feel like goals have to be in place before Jan. 1. After the craziness of the holidays, I like to take some time after the new year to reflect on the past year, and what I’m looking forward to for the upcoming year.
There are a few things I started this week, like getting back to waking up early now that I’m feeling better in my second trimester, and getting dressed every morning to help myself have more productive days, and it’s been a good week. But, I’m hoping to spend some time this weekend really thinking about and setting some specific goals for this year.
Here are some of my favorite posts from the week:
• Starting the New Year With Simplifying at Simple Organic — I am definitely feeling the need to begin with simplifying this New Year!
• The Busy Mom’s Guide to Finding Time to Read at Motherhood… Your Way — In order to get through my reading list, I’m going to have to make reading more of a priority and find time for it this year.
• Start Your Day By Getting Dressed at Passionate Homemaking – This is one of my goals for the new year, I was in that weird place in pregnancy where my regular clothes didn’t really fit or look appropriate anymore, but my maternity clothes were still too big, so i resorted to t-shirts and sweatshirts almost every day – not so cute!
• 6 Ways to Capture Memories of Your Kids in the New Year at Toddler Times – A few of my goals and ideas for capturing and remember the precious moments with my kids this year.
• Free Printable Day Planner at A Holy Experience – I found this printable Daily Planning Sheet and love the fonts and graphics – it’s nice to use beautiful things for even the day-to-day mundane stuff like day planning.
• A 12 Word Post on Selecting Goals for the New Year at Inspired to Action – Such a good challenge!
What I’m Babbling about this week:
• Technology and Toddlers: How Do You Set Limits? – My son is obsessed with my hubs’ iPhone and we need to set some limits for him.
• 9 Great Free Computer Programs for Moms (or anyone, really) – the computer programs that I use on a regular basis.
• What Do You Do With Your “Free” Time – As moms we know we need a break from our kiddos – but what do you actually do with that time?
• Taking Better Pictures of My Kids – The Beginning – I’m working on one of my goals of taking better pictures of my kids, check out my pics from this week. How did I do?
Do you set goals or resolutions for the New Year? What’s one of them?
If you’d like to learn more about living green and living frugally I’d love to have you as a Live Renewed reader! You can subscribe, either by email or in a reader, to get the latest posts, ideas and inspiration for living frugally green. You can also connect with me on Twitter and Facebook!
Elizabeth Philip says
This is one of my goals for the new year, I was in that weird place in pregnancy where my regular clothes didn’t really fit or look appropriate anymore, but my maternity clothes were still too big.