Happy New Year!
I can’t believe that 2012 is actually here! I love the beginning of the new year and the possibilities that it holds. I love to look back over the course of the year and reflect on everything that has happened, and think and dream about what the next year will bring.
I’m so excited to be beginning another year on Live Renewed, and as always, so, so thankful for those of you who read along with me here. I am truly humbled and blessed that you guys make a little bit of time in your day to spend with me here on Live Renewed, and I’m really excited for what 2012 holds for this blog and the community that we are creating together here.
I have some exciting new things to share with you that I’ll be rolling out on the blog this year, but before we do that, I first wanted to look back on 2011 at some of the best posts on Live Renewed.
We covered lots of fun topics last year, including natural personal care and beauty products, natural laundry and simplifying, decluttering, and organizing. (Did I actually do that last year? Because I’m feeling quite overwhelmed by our stuff again, and have a serious urge to simplify and declutter in a major way! I’m afraid it’s a never-ending cycle!)
Personally, I embarked on my first real attempt at gardening and learned a lot along the way. I also started writing for the Toddler Times blog on the parenting site, Babble.com, and we found out that we are expecting our third child! Wow! It’s been quite a year!
As I looked back through my posts from last year, a few of my personal favorites jumped out at me.
- The Connection Between Creation Care and Loving People — this is such an important topic to me, one that is constantly on my heart and my mind.
- My Top 10 Not So Frugally Green Confessions — It’s good to be real and honest and vulnerable about the reality of day-to-day life sometimes, and it also felt good to get this stuff off my chest!
- My Green and Frugal Beauty Care Routine — Changing my personal and beauty care products has been one of my favorite changes that I have made over the years, and it really can be affordable too!
My Top 3 Posts of 2011
Also, I checked my stats for last year, and found the posts that got the most pageviews last year were:
What that tells me, is that people really like to read posts on how to make homemade alternatives to conventional products – so that’s something I’ll definitely be trying to focus more on in the upcoming year.
Which brings me to, a little about what you have to look forward to on Live Renewed in 2012!
- A new monthly feature called Homemade Highlight — Featuring things that I make and use at home, instead of buying from the store. I’m considering making this a monthly link-up – let me know if that that is something you’d be interested in participating in!
- Getting back into the routine of some of my previous monthly posts, like Simple Steps, What’s Your Inspiration, and Questions of the Day. I got a little off of my posting routine this fall, but am ready to jump back in this year!
- More great natural living series, including continuing the Healthy Green Pregnancy series!
- More Recipe Posts — I am definitely not a food blogger – but I still love to cook (and eat!) and share great recipes!
- More Pictures — One of my goals for the year is to become a better photographer and really learn how to use my DSLR – to help me stick with this goal, I’m planning to post more photo driven posts – both here and over at Babble.
And finally, the big announcement is that I am planning to write an e-book! It’s scary to say that out loud because then it means that I actually have to do it! But, I’m hoping that you all will hold me accountable! I am in the very beginning stages of writing (and really wondering when I am going to find the time to write), but it’s something that I really, really want to do, and am hoping to be able to share with you as soon as I can!
So, that’s a look back at 2011, and a look forward to 2012 here on Live Renewed – again, I am so thankful that you have joined me on this journey! Blessings to you in this new year!
I’d also love to hear from you — Let me know what you’d like to read about here on Live Renewed this year! I want to cover the topics and issues that matter to you!
If you’d like to learn more about living green and living frugally I’d love to have you as a Live Renewed reader! You can subscribe, either by email or in a reader, to get the latest posts, ideas and inspiration for living frugally green. You can also connect with me on Twitter and Facebook!