Photo by CarbonNYC
I can’t believe it’s February already! Where does the time go?
Last month flew by me — I was super busy with Babble at the end of the month (gotta keep up with that – they pay the bills!) — and there were lots of things that I had hoped or planned to do, but they just didn’t get done.
So, with inspiration from Krissa at More than Mundane and Crystal from Money Saving Mom, I am going to try making monthly and probably weekly goals, to break things down into more manageable chunks, and to set my goals based on how busy I am and what I have going on in a certain week/month.
I sat down yesterday and wrote out my goals for the month, and split them into four different categories. Hopefully this helps me to stay a little more on track, and be as productive as I can be this month!
Goals for February 2012
- Blog three times a week here on Live Renewed
- Make my posts/pageviews for Babble
- Prepare for Blissdom (Are any of you heading to Blissdom at the end of the month? I would love to meet up with you! Leave me a comment and I’ll be sure to connect with you before the conference. I’m so excited!)
- Memorize one Bible verse each week with the kids. This week our verse is Ephesians 6:1 — we really need to work on obeying right now!
- Read aloud from chapter book with kids each day. We’ve been reading adapted versions of Little Women and The Wind in the Willows that I picked up in the dollar section at Target!
- No TV month! I am doing a No TV month challenge with the kids — they’ve gotten in the habit of watching way too much recently!
- Date Night with each child individually, just to spend some special time with them since I’ll be gone for four days at the end of the month.
- Date Night with Hubs – it is Valentine’s month after all. 🙂
- Maintain daily chores and cleaning schedule
- Meal Plan — Wow! I am so out of the habit of this and it is seriously stressing me out!
- Work on one organizing project — not sure exactly what yet.
- Work on two DIY/Homemade projects — again, not exactly sure what these will be yet.
- Read two books — 168 Hours: You Have More Time Than You Think – from my reading list, and When Not to Build – reading this as a part of our leadership team at church.
- Workout/Yoga 3x/week — I’m really feeling the need to get more active this pregnancy.
- One girls night out with friends — I’ve been really missing this lately!
- Do Bible Study/Pray every morning. I’ve been waking up early at 5:30 every morning, which has been great, but I’ve often been neglecting my Bible study to do work instead, I need to get back to making my Bible study a priority.
Alright, I think that’s good. There is a lot more I would LIKE to do, but I know I need to keep things realistic. I’ll plan to check in with how I’m doing with my goals throughout the month on my Facebook page, and maybe Google+ too (I’m just getting started with that, and still trying to figure it out), if you want to follow along with me!
Do you make monthly or weekly goals? What are some goals you have this month?
If you’d like to learn more about living green and living frugally I’d love to have you as a Live Renewed reader! You can subscribe, either by email or in a reader, to get the latest posts, ideas and inspiration for living frugally green. You can also connect with me on Twitter, Facebook, and now on Google+!
*Disclosure – There are affiliate links in this post. If you make a purchase through one of my links, I’ll receive a small commission. Thanks for supporting Live Renewed!