This is Week 4 of the 2013 Fitness Challenge.
How are you this Monday? Did you have a good weekend? How are you doing on your fitness goals?
This past week was freezing cold here in Northern Indiana, so I had to move my workouts indoors, and didn’t get the chance to run outside this weekend like I had hoped. But, the weather here shows high is going to be 46° today, 61° tomorrow, and then back down to 16° by Friday. Crazy! But, I’m planning to run both today and tomorrow and then we’ll go from there depending on the weather.
I’m continuing to find it hard to fit in the workouts that I would like to. I find that if I don’t get it done in the morning, then the day slips away from me and it’s really hard to get myself motivated. I really like what Beth from Fit2B says, “Tell yourself 10 minutes. You are worth 10 minutes.” And then, once you start, you’ll want to keep going! How do you motivate yourself to workout, even when you really don’t want to?
Update on my Fitness Goals this week:
• Workout 3x per week – hopefully running 2x and a yoga or workout DVD on the other day, weather permitting – I manage two workouts last week, and no running. Bummed about the weather, but hoping I can make up for some of the running this week.
• Be able to run 3 miles, 3x per week, and 4 miles on the weekend by the end of the challenge, beginning of March, to start the half-marathon training schedule – No running last week, we’ll see how it goes this week. I’m hoping I can stay on track with my goal.
• Make major progress on healing my diastasis, and lose inches off my waist, by working through the videos on Fit2B six days a week – I managed the diastasis videos 3 days this week, but still need to fit them in more often!
• Lose at least 5-10 lbs – Lost 1 more pound this week, which brings my total already to 5 pounds lost! Meaning I’ve met the lower end of my goal, and now I’m aiming for 10 pounds total! Also, please remember that I am nursing my 7 1/2 month old baby and that makes a big difference in my weight loss. I lost weight even over the holidays when my eating was not great and I wasn’t working out at all.
• Fit back into my pre-pregnancy jeans by the end of the challenge – My jeans are still too tight to wear comfortable in public, but I’m moving in the right direction!
1.28.13 – Goals for the Week:
So my goals for this week, based off of my overall set of goals are:
- Run at least twice, and maybe three times this week, depending on the weather next weekend, and fit in one other workout video during the week.
- Push to run 3 miles this week, to keep up with reaching my goal.
- Do the diastasis healing videos at least 5 days this week.
• Weight: 159 lbs. (1 lb. lost)
• Waist at Belly Button: 37 1/2″ (lost 1/2″ from last week)
Be sure to check-in with us on Facebook, where I post my exercise plans for the day, and encouragement to keep up with your fitness goals!
Also, my friends Beth at Red and Honey and Erin at The Humbled Homemaker have started their own fitness challenges to heal their diastasis after recently having their third babies. Follow along with them for even more inspiration and encouragement!
How did you do on your fitness goals this week? How do you stay motivated to work out, even when you don’t feel like it? What are your goals for the coming week?
If you’d like to learn more about living green and living frugally I’d love to have you as a Live Renewed reader! You can subscribe, either by email or in a reader, to get the latest posts, ideas and inspiration for living frugally green. You can also connect with me on Twitter, Facebook and Pinterest!
*Disclosure – I received a 3 month membership to Fit2B to review the program as a part of this fitness challenge, but my opinions are always my own.