This is Week 3 of the 2013 Fitness Challenge.
Good Monday Morning! I hope everyone had a great weekend! How did you do on your fitness goals this week? Did you workout as often as you planned? Well, we all have those weeks where things don’t go according to our plans, right?! So last week was definitely one of those weeks for me.
I’ll be honest with you, I’m really struggling right now with balancing/juggling all that I have to do with working from home, taking care of my family and home, and making time for the other things that are important to me, like exercising. Hubs and I had a great talk over the weekend, and I’m hoping to get a better handle on it this week, and in the weeks to come.
All that is to say that again, I didn’t do as well last week as I had planned to with my workouts. In fact, I barely did anything at all, except for running. But, I’m determined not to let that get me down, or make me feel like I should just give up. I hope to encourage you too, that just because you might fall off the wagon one week, doesn’t mean you’re failing, or that you should quit! Pick yourself up, get back up, and get back on track! That’s my plan for this week!
Update on my Fitness Goals this week:
• Workout 3x per week – hopefully running 2x and a yoga or workout DVD on the other day, weather permitting – The only thing I did well last week was I got my two runs in, and I pushed myself to run farther/longer on Saturday than I have so far.
• Be able to run 3 miles, 3x per week, and 4 miles on the weekend by the end of the challenge, beginning of March, to start the half-marathon training schedule – I ran 2.5 miles on Saturday when the weather was a little bit warmer, which was one of my goals for last week, I made a schedule of how far I need to be running each week to work up to this goal, and I feel like it is doable, as long as the weather cooperates, which it’s not supposed to this week!
• Make major progress on healing my diastasis, and lose inches off my waist, by working through the videos on Fit2B six days a week – This is where I really failed. I did not do the diastasis videos at all this week. I don’t know if it was hearing that my diastasis is not as bad as I thought that made me feel more lazy about this, but I still need to work on strengthening my core, so I need to get back to it!
• Lose at least 5-10 lbs – Lost 2 more pounds this week, I’m feeling pretty good about my weight loss right now!
• Fit back into my pre-pregnancy jeans by the end of the challenge – I put on another pair of pre-pregnancy jeans, and while they were still too tight to wear them comfortably, I could at least get them up and buttoned, hopefully I’ll be able to wear them in the next few weeks.
1.21.13 – Goals for the Week:
So my goals for this week, based off of my overall set of goals are:
- Do 3 indoor workouts this week – the weather is supposed to be very, very cold, with highs in the 20’s and lower all week, so I’m not going to be venturing outside to run.
- Try to get in one run in on the weekend, if the weather allows.
- Do the diastasis healing videos at least 5 days this week.
Here’s my picture for the week, I do feel like I’m starting to see a change in my midsection, which is encouraging to me!
• Weight: 16o lbs. (2 lbs. lost!)
• Waist at Belly Button: 38″ (No change from last week)
I’m sorry about the lack of checking in on Facebook this week, like I said, the week didn’t quite go as I hoped/planned. I’m planning to get back to posting daily fitness check-ins and encouragement on my Facebook page, and I hope that you’ll join in with me there!
How did you do on your fitness goals this week? Did you lose weight or inches? Were you able to fit into something that you’ve been trying to get back into? What are your goals for the coming week?
If you’d like to learn more about living green and living frugally I’d love to have you as a Live Renewed reader! You can subscribe, either by email or in a reader, to get the latest posts, ideas and inspiration for living frugally green. You can also connect with me on Twitter, Facebook and Pinterest!
*Disclosure – I received a 3 month membership to Fit2B to review the program as a part of this fitness challenge, but my opinions are always my own.