This is Week 2 of the 2013 Fitness Challenge.
Happy Monday! I hope everyone had a great weekend. We had amazing spring-like weather here on Saturday, with temperatures close to 60°, but then reality set back in as the temperature dropped and dropped yesterday along with sleet and snow. But, I got in a great run on Saturday that I felt really good about!
How did you do on your fitness goals this week? Did you workout as often as you planned? I didn’t do quite as much as I wanted to this first week, but I’m giving myself grace as I work to get back into a regular fitness routine.
Also, this week I got to have a phone consultation with Bethany Learn from Fit2B Studio, and it was really great to talk to her in person about my diastasis and also my fitness goals, and have her encourage me and help me set up a plan for my workouts. If you sign up as a memeber at Fit2B you will receive a complimentary consultation, and it is so helpful.
I learned that my diastasis is not as big as I thought, and really almost healed – so much for that being the reason that I still have a pouchy stomach! But she explained, from what I felt when I checked myself for a diastaisis, is that mine is what they call a 1-2-1, it’s one finger width at the top, two at the belly button, and one at the bottom, and very shallow, which means that it has almost healed. This is good news, as it means I am safe to do more exercises than I thought previously. I do still need to work on strengthening my abs and closing that gap the rest of the way, but, I am well on my way.
I also talked to Bethany about combining the videos on Fit2B with my goal of running a few times a week and getting ready to train for a half-marathon. She encouraged me to use some of the shorter videos as a warm up, there’s even a video aimed specifically at yoga for runners, and then to use the longer videos on my days off from running for a more challenging workout.
I really like that there is so much variety in the workouts on Fit2B, different lengths and different types of videos. I actually didn’t get the chance to do one of the longer videos this week, theyway I had wanted to. But the shorter videos were great. I love that I can just do them anytime in the comfort of my home, and have so many different videos available to me at once. There’s even a section of kids exercise videos and my kids loved doing those this week, and it was a great way to get them active, moving, and get some energy out, when it was too cold to go outside and play.
Okay, so here’s my update on my Fitness Goals this week:
• Workout 3x per week – hopefully running 2x and a yoga or workout DVD on the other day, weather permitting – I did run twice last week, which was a good start, and I did two short stretching/yoga videos another day, but I didn’t really do the third more serious workout I was planning to.
• Be able to run 3 miles, 3x per week, and 4 miles on the weekend by the end of the challenge, beginning of March, to start the half-marathon training schedule – I ran 2 miles on Saturday when the weather was nice, with just a short walking break, and felt pretty good, but I’m going to have to work hard to work up to 3 miles 3x per week! Especially if the weather remains cold, it’s harder to run farther in cold weather!
• Make major progress on healing my diastasis, and lose inches off my waist, by working through the videos on Fit2B six days a week – So I learned that my diastasis is not as severe as I thought it was, but I still need to work on healing it. I only did the diastasis healing videos twice this past week. Oops! So, I’ll definitely need to work on that this coming week!
• Lose at least 5-10 lbs – Lost 2 lbs this week, but sometimes our scale seems a little bit off, so we’ll see over the next few weeks.
• Fit back into my pre-pregnancy jeans by the end of the challenge – I did put on one pair of jeans which were previously too tight to get up, and they fit much more easily, but I still had to use the rubber band trick to secure the button in place.
1.14.13 – Goals for the Week:
So my goals for this week, based off of my overall set of goals are:
- Run twice this week as well as do another more serious workout
- Run a little further, trying to get up to 2.5 miles
- Do the diastasis healing videos at least 5 days this week
I actually don’t have a picture this week, things we’re too busy yesterday to take one, but I’ve decided that maybe I don’t need to post a picture every week. I don’t think there’s going to be too much visable change from week to week, and there’s no point in torturing myself like that. So I’ll probably post a picture every other week.
• Weight: 162 lbs. (2 lbs. lost!)
• Waist at Belly Button: 38″ (1 inch lost!)
Again, I’m posting daily fitness check-ins and encouragement on my Facebook page, and I hope that you’ll join in with me there!
How did you do on your fitness goals this week? Did you lose weight or inches? Were you able to fit into something that you’ve been trying to get back into? What are your goals for the coming week?
If you’d like to learn more about living green and living frugally I’d love to have you as a Live Renewed reader! You can subscribe, either by email or in a reader, to get the latest posts, ideas and inspiration for living frugally green. You can also connect with me on Twitter, Facebook and Pinterest!
*Disclosure – I received a 3 month membership to Fit2B to review the program as a part of this fitness challenge, but my opinions are always my own.