This is Day 47 of the Green in 365 series!
This month’s Featured Ebook of the Month goes right along with our theme of going green in the dining room and kitchen. Your Grocery Budget Toolbox is 150+ pages that will help you through the process of feeding your family real, whole, and healthy foods while staying within your budget.
This comprehensive guide walks you through setting up your budget, including how much you should be spending on the different food categories within your budget, putting together a price book so that you know you maximum price for the items you buy, the best places to source the healthiest foods, including online resources, and how to get started with once a month shopping.
I thought I had learned a lot about how to maximize our food budget, and get the healthiest food that we could afford, before reading this book. But as I read through it, I kept thinking, “Oh, that’s such a good idea!” and “I hadn’t thought of that before!” I learned even more about fitting foods into our budget that I’d previously thought we wouldn’t be able to afford.
Using techniques that I learned through this book, I’m working on moving my family toward more Once a Month Shopping (OAMS), with just smaller trips for fresh produce and perishables weekly.
Here’s a peek at the Table of Contents:
- Budget (how to make one, what you can afford on your budget, a sample $250/month budget, and more)
- Price List (what it is, how it helps, how to make one, how to maintain)
- Sourcing (a comprehensive review of sources – online and brick-and-mortar – for inexpensive healthy food)
- Once-a-Month Shopping (maximizing your budget by shopping once a month)
- Price Caps (learn how to set limits for how much you will spend on different items)
- Coupons (can coupons be effective when shopping for healthy foods?)
- Do it Yourself Foods (foods you can make yourself and save money)
- Take it to the Next Level (develop frugal habits that will save you LOTS)
- Saving Money in the Internet Era (frugal hacks from the modern age of internet and social media)
You too can start saving money and maximizing your food budget, while feeding your family healthy foods, using the tips and techniques in Your Grocery Budget Toolbox. Live Renewed readers can get 25% off for the rest of this month by using the code “renewed”, making this great ebook just $6.00! Click here to purchase your copy today!
What is one area that you struggle to buy healthy food within your budget?
Find all the Green in 365 posts.
If you’d like to learn more about living green and living frugally I’d love to have you as a Live Renewed reader! You can subscribe, either by email or in a reader, to get the latest posts, ideas and inspiration for living frugally green. You can also connect with me on Twitter, Facebook and Pinterest!
*Disclosure – There are affiliate links in this post. If you make a purchase through one of my links, I’ll receive a small commission. Thanks for supporting Live Renewed!