These grain-free “cookie dough” bites are addictive! It’s hard to eat just one or two! And at our house, the whole batch is gone the same day I make them, I’m lucky if I can get these to last us two days!
They are an easy, healthy, and delicious grain-free snack!
Grain-Free “Cookie-Dough” Bites
- 1 1/3 cup raw almonds
- 1 1/3 cup raw walnuts
- 1/4 cup flax seed meal
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/3 – 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 -1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
• In a food processor (this is the one I have and love it!) combine almonds, walnuts, flax seed meal, coconut flour, cinnamon and salt. Process until the nuts are ground into a fine meal, but don’t go so far that they start to turn into nut butter!
• Stream in maple syrup with the food processor still running, until it’s completely combined. The range in maple syrup is based on your taste and preference. But, the maple syrup helps to hold the balls together so you do want to make sure you use enough. I usually use just short of a full 1/2 cup.
• Stir in chocolate chips. Again, the range is according to your preference. The more chocolate chips you use, the harder the balls will be to roll together.
• Once everything is well combined, grease your hands with butter or coconut oil and roll into balls. If you can keep little hands away from them right away, store in the fridge for them to harden up and stick together better.
Makes about 18-25 bites, depending on the size you roll them. Enjoy!
Need more Healthy Snack ideas? Be sure to pick up a copy of Healthy Snacks to Go!
If you’d like to learn more about living green and living frugally I’d love to have you as a Live Renewed reader! You can subscribe, either by email or in a reader, to get the latest posts, ideas and inspiration for living frugally green. You can also connect with me on Twitter, Facebook and Pinterest!
*Disclosure – There are affiliate links in this post. If you make a purchase through one of my links, I’ll receive a small commission. Thanks for supporting Live Renewed!