Photo by Salvadonica Borgo del Chianti
I’ve been putting it off for a few weekends now, and we’ve also been busy and had other plans, but this weekend I am ready to start planning my garden! The warmer weather this week has me itching to get outside and get started, but we still have a couple weeks before we can actually start planting.
Earlier this week, I asked for inspiration for what you’re planting in your gardens this year, but I’ve also been finding lots of inspiration from other great blogs.
Inspiration for Your Garden:
- How to read seed packets and select the best types of plants for your climate and needs – Selecting Seeds for Garden Success @ Keeper of the Home
- Grow food in flower beds you already have – Edible Landscaping: Growing Food in the Flower Bed @ Frugal Granola
- Mmmm, strawberries are my favorite and I’m going to attempt to start growing some this year – Planting and Growing Strawberries @ Simple Organic
- Awesome idea for reusing glass bottles to water plants while you are away – Coke Bottle Watering Watering Globes @ radmegan
- Keep the bugs and pests away with Homemade Insecticidal Soap Spray @ Care 2 Make a Difference
- Turn your food and yard waste into rich soil – How To Make a Compost Tumbler @ Kinda Crunchy Kate
On a completely different note, I did a podcast last week with Mary Bernard at LookinYourHouse.com. It was really fun to talk with her, and if you’d like to hear me talk more about my story and our family’s journey, how I (try) to manage my time and simple steps that you can take to begin going green with things you already have around your home, grab a warm drink and head over to LookinYourHouse.com to listen in! I’d love to hear what you think!
Hope you have a great, and green, weekend!