For the next six weeks until Christmas (Yes, Christmas is only six weeks away!) I’m going to be running a Simplify the Season series here on Mondays.
It’s so easy to get caught up in the craziness and busyness that this season can bring, and as a family we’ve been trying to slow down and enjoy the things that really matter to us, spending time with each other and with family and friends that we love, taking the time to enjoy traditions and making memories together as a family, and celebrating the True meaning of the season, focusing on the birth of Jesus the Savior.
To start out the series, today I’m over at Simple Homemade sharing some Easy Ways to Simplify the Season with your gift giving and shopping. From the post:
Does your pile of gifts under the tree seems to grow and grow every year? Is it taking all of your time, and money, to purchase and wrap all of those gifts every year? You may want to think about setting some limits on the gifts that you give, and receive. You may find that your and your family are actually much happier with fewer well-though out and intentional gifts, and your house will thank you later when it’s not bursting at the seams from all the new toys and other stuff!
There are two different formulas for setting limits that I have come across, and that have helped guide our family’s gift giving. Besides being good for our stress levels and our budget, I also like how our children are learning to be content with fewer, more purposeful gifts, instead of expecting a enormous pile of gifts under the tree.
I hope you’ll head over to Simple Homemade to read the rest of the post, and join me back here again next Monday for the Simplify the Season series.
Also, I’m excited to share with you a great ebook that is all about simplifying the season! A Simpler Season by Jessica Fisher of Life as Mom is your complete guide to getting through the next six weeks calm, cool and collected, without missing out on the memories, traditions, activities, and, of course, great food!
Here’s what you’ll get in A Simpler Season:
- creative ideas for celebrating Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year’s
- over 150 pages of content: ideas, recipes, and inspiration for planning a special holiday season with your family
- 70+ printable pages: calendars, to do sheets, inventories, and planning pages
- games and activities to do with the kids
- 24+ family activity cards to print and do over the month of December
- printable recipe and gift cards to help you make edible gifts
- a variety of family devotional ideas to explore with your family
- a list of children’s books to enjoy as well as extension activities to do with your children after the reading
- family-friendly recipes for the each of the winter holidays
- questions to get you thinking about how you really want to spend your time this year
Three lucky Live Renewed readers have a chance to win a copy of A Simpler Season this week! This is going to be a simple giveaway, to go along with our theme of simplifying! To enter the giveaway, just leave a comment and tell me one area that you struggle with simplifying each holiday season.
The giveaway will end on Wednesday, November 14, at 8 pm EST and the winner will be announced on the Your Green Resource post this week. I hope you win!
If you’d like to learn more about living green and living frugally I’d love to have you as a Live Renewed reader! You can subscribe, either by email or in a reader, to get the latest posts, ideas and inspiration for living frugally green. You can also connect with me on Twitter, Facebook and Pinterest!
Image courtesy of taoty/ FreeDigitalPhotos.net
Disclosure: There are affiliate links in this post. If you make a purchase through one of my links, I’ll receive a small commission. Thanks for supporting Live Renewed!